Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Never Blog

There always seems to be something more important to do than blogging. Raising my child, helping with a writers conference, attending BEA, sleep, coffee... the list goes on and on. The myriad of excuses is everlasting, the list that never ends- it really just goes on and on my friends. 

I'll do it in a minute, tomorrow, next weekend. And then more than a year later trying to recover the time lost even though that time is gone. Every day of this counts. I can't keep putting of my writing, or this blog, or my career choice. This is who I am and who I want to be and I need to do it.

I need to write. Not just because it clears my head, or an online presence is helpful, but because I love it. I dream it. And it's what I want for my life. I spend hours piled upon hours reading. I can tell you the release date for all of the books I'm waiting for this year, but the last time I blogged? Wow. 

As my body needs fuel, my brain needs it too. 

At times the real world kicks me in the butt. There is softball, Brownies (no, they aren't the edible kind, but the kind that require volunteering), work, bills, car problems, and cleaning to do. There is no time for writing. 

Unless I make the time. I have to take action, and make it imperative to who I am. I eat (though I tend to forget meals), I sleep, I shower.

So now, I write. 

Maybe. Let's see how long I stick with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment